20081010

english skies

It really feels like it, anyway.  I'm sitting in Schilletter dining hall right now, and it's 9:01 AM.  I just got out of Calculus.

The skies are kind of dreary outside.  They're that blegh gray color where you can't quite tell if it's going to rain or not, but you know there won't be any sunshine for a while.

To add to the English feeling, I'm sitting here with a cup of tea. I drink green tea in my room all the time, but it just occurred to me as I was leaving class that the dining hall has hot water, milk, and sugar; all I needed to bring were tea bags. (I could theoretically make tea like this in my room, but it's a pain to go get milk that won't last long anyway just for a cuppa.)

So now, for the first time in too long, I have a cup of tea, and it feels great.  For some reason, tea always feels better with gray skies; I'm not sure why.

In other news, I'm thinking of taking some green tea to the meditation gardens this weekend.

My only regret is using a full teaspoon of sugar in such a small cup.

1 comment:

  1. :) I think because tea is English (not originally, but we won't get into that). Anyway, tea is English, England always has gray skies, therefore tea goes better with gray skies! Anyone wanna name that fallacy?

    Anyway, I'm surprised, because it's the opposite here today. The sky is literally Carolina blue, it's 66 degrees, the sun is out, the trees are changing color, and life feels beautiful. I hope you have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete